Sunday, March 30, 2008

For the love of Mud

I don't know what it is about mud that makes the kids go crazy. They love it. We've had lots of rain this weekend, so there was plenty to pick from.


So, today (on Ken's watch), the boys jumped, stomped, splashed, and just plain dove in head first into several mud puddles down in our valley. Here are some pictures early in the mad making process. They looked so much worse right before Ken hosed them down.



Boys are so much fun.

After a much needed bath, Ken decided to cut Benjamin's hair. For the first time ever, he didn't scream, cry or try to gauge my eyeballs out. This is huge, huge, huge...HUGE for him.

Most kids with sensory issues like his, have aversions to personal grooming activities such having their fingernails trimmed or having their hair cut. For Benj, it was a combination of the noise of the clippers and the hair touching him as it was cut. Our OT, Melissa, said she has clients that actually cut their kids hair while they sleep because their kids freak out beyond control.

So for him to remain as calm as he did was such a step for all of us. I recorded it on my video camera, but it is from 2000 so of course there's no way to actually put it on my computer.

Good job, Mr. Benjamin.

1 comment:

The Harris Family said...

Good think I had girls, I'm way to uptight for playing in the mud!!!