Monday, March 24, 2008

Our Easter Sunday

Easter is officially over, and I couldn't be happier.

It truly is one of my favorite holidays, but it totally stresses me out. After coordinating Easter outfits, buying presents from the infamous Easter Bunny, cooking a big meal, and singing until my voice literally hurt, I'm just worn out.

Is it just me or does the idea of the Easter Bunny freak anyone else out but me? I mean, come one, one gigantic white bunny actually hopping to every one's house and leaving presents and hiding eggs? If I ever met that big, bouncing bunny I would run the other way screaming. I don't care if he is wearing a nice, little pastel outfit and holding a basket of freshly dyed Easter eggs. It's just plain creepy.

Funny thing is Levi (and of course Benjamin) totally still think he's real. We even left him carrots and lettuce and, after much discussion as to what the Easter Bunny actually drinks, a tall glass of milk (we were fresh out of carrot juice :)

We had a great day, though. Our best friends, Kirk and Amanda, came to a great worship service with us and stayed for the big Easter Egg hunt in our new fellowship hall. I even cooked a "grown up meal" for us like my MeMaw would have done for lunch: a big 'ole ham, broccoli casserole, mac and cheese and even homemade rolls. OK, maybe MeMaw would have had like 10 more things to eat than that, but it was delicious, if I do say so myself. Ken's mom came up after lunch with treats for the kids, and we had a nice visit with her.

I am a loser, though, because I didn't take one single picture. Oh well, maybe next year.

Great day overall. Ken went back to work this morning after a couple of much needed days off. Levi is out of school again today for teacher in-service, but by tomorrow we should be back on our normal schedule. Good times...good times.

3 comments:

The Harris Family said...

You did better than I did, we went out to eat after church. I don't think I cooked a single thing while Drew was here! Oh, and yes the Easter Bunny freaks me out, too. We did eggs at the church, but we don't do any of the other stuff.

Anonymous said...

Nice to see you had a Good Easter. And what a Catch, from your Boy!
It reminded me of that Mounted Crazy Singing Fish from a couple of years back.
Everyone seemed to have one,(here at least) or a 'Friend' who thought it would be funny to drive a person completely mad by giving one as a present!!

I have seen your blog page a couple of times, and have always meant to say Hello.

From one McCreary Family to another!
This one in Ireland! Not many of us here, but there seems to be a lot in the US and Canada.

Anyway Hello to you and your Family. And all the best from Ireland
Terry

Hardin Family said...

Hey so we both caught up on our blogging this week! Tell Levi I love the fish pictures and I can't wait to hear about it!