Friday, March 21, 2008

Ah, spring break

Okay, so everyone can stop harassing me because I'm a loser blogger. I'm finally updating.

Levi is on Spring Break this week, which apparently poses a bit of challenge for me. He thinks he has to be entertained 24/7. All I hear is "take me to Fun City" or "I wanna have a friend over" or my alltime favorite of "Let's go to Vegas." I mean, seriously? My siblings and I were lucky to get to go to town during the week to go grocery shopping and maybe get an ice cream cone or something afterwards. I guess I'm officially just really old.

Ken did take yesterday and today off work to spend some time with Levi. They went fishing this morning at Lake Elmdale. They had to sneak off this morning and tell Benjamin they were going to work and school. He wanted to go so bad, but I just didn't think Ken could unload the boat, park the truck, keep, put life jackets on, and keep everyone away from child molesters at the same time. I'm the first to say that he's a great dad, but one person can only do so much.

He traveled to Tennessee for work for 3 nights last week, and I thought the kids were going to explode. They miss him so much when he's not around.

Last week was our first worship service in our brand new church building, and we couldn't have been happier to be there. Even Ken got there 30 minutes early. The entire service went really well---quite frankly better than I expected. Great job, Carl.

We are busy this week getting ready for Easter. I invited my mom and dad but they always have an excuse as to why they can't seem to come. I think that they think I live in China or something because 3 1/2 hours (or 5 hours if you drive as slow as my dad and refuse to drive on the interstate) is just too far. Whatever. I'm still a bit bitter.

Instead we are planning on spending Easter day with our friends, Kirk and Amanda, our next door neighbors when we lived in Lowell. We love spending time with them and our kids get along so well. They really have grown up together.

1 comment:

The Harris Family said...

Thanks for the update :) See you all Sunday!