Wednesday, May 7, 2008

To Quit or Not to Quit...

That seems to be the $100,00 question at our house this week. Should we let Levi quit baseball or will that make him a "quitter?"

I say call it quits. Throw in the towel. Be done with it already. Who cares anyway?

Ken says letting him quit will "make him a quitter, and he's not teaching him to be that way."

So, we are at odds about it. This week we only have 1 practice and 1 game. Not too busy this week, but Levi is already complaining about it. Did I mention that he erased all the scheduled games and times from my dry erase calender on the fridge. Is that a cry for help or what?

Ken is apparently winning because we're still going. And I'm sure his team will make the play-offs so we will probably be playing well into June.

His coaches are as serious as sin about this game. One of the coaches gave a speech before the last game about how "we needed to win this game because winning is what it's all about...that's what we're here for." I wanted to raise my hand and say, "Umm, excuse me, but I thought we were here to have fun?" I totally should have, but I was fearful that the guy would have literally tackled me to the ground and pulled my fingers backwards until I screamed uncle or something. He doesn't have time to mess around with slackers like me :)

1 comment:

The Harris Family said...

That's a tough one. I'm sure you all will do the right thing.