Monday, May 12, 2008

Our Weekend

OK, so, I'm 32, and I'm a hair-coloring virgin. I've never colored my hair, so on Friday I have this big idea to get highlights. Wow. That was interesting. It turned out a bit blonder than I anticipated, but it was fun. I like it, but it is taking some getting used to.

I must admit that I had one of the nicest Mother's Day in a while. Levi picked me some flowers on the way home from the bus on Friday. I got the roots and everything. Too cute.


Levi made me a jewelry box at school, and Benjamin made me a bowl in OT. I don't know how much longer I will get little handmade gifts or handpicked "flowers" from our neighbors yards, so they meant a lot to me.


I told Levi that I always wanted him to make me things and when he was old like Daddy he just mail them to me. He said, "Why would I have to mail them when I'll be living here?" I just about cried. Then he said that when he grew up that he didn't want to get a job; he just wanted to play video games all day long. But I guess that's a entirely different blog in and of itself. I hope that idea fades quickly, as I don't see that being very appealing to the ladies when he's 30 or so.

On Saturday afternoon, Benjamin had his Jitterbugs performance. Jitterbugs is a dance or "creative movement" class he takes at school once a week. He loves music so much, so I thought he would like taking it. Every semester they have a performance which involves wearing costumes and dancing to different songs. OK, wait. I thought initially there was NO WAY Benjamin would let anyone put costumes on him, let alone get him to stand on a stage in front of everyone and dance. That is why we skipped the January performance; I just didn't think he could handle it.

I decided to go ahead and give it a whirl for the May performance, and to our amazement, he did great. He wore costumes, including hats, and got on stage and kinda danced. Every once and a while he would throw his hands up or do a high kick like the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders. I was just happy he wasn't screaming. OK, who am I kidding? I was thrilled.


The kids made me pancakes for breakfast on Sunday morning, and then it was off to church. I was fortunate enough to find and sing a song for both services about the unconditional love of Mothers. It was so sad, and I would have cried like a baby if my Mom would have been there.

That afternoon, Ken and Levi went to pick up his fish from the taxidermist. It quite a bit bigger than we remembered it. Levi wanted to take it to school today, but Ken quickly shot down that idea.


Oh, and Ken got me a new digital camera. Can you tell? Hope everyone had a great Mother's Day!

1 comment:

The Harris Family said...

I noticed your hair yesterday and thought it looked great!