Friday, May 2, 2008

Our Week

I feel like screaming it from the mountaintops, so excuse me while I climb up on my dining room chair, cup my hands around my big mouth, and yell out in my loudest Heather voice, "BENJAMIN HAS TESTED OUT OF OT! WOO HOO!" Our initial goal was to get him at age level by May of 2009, and here we are an entire year early.

That said, we have decided to keep sending him for now. I know some of you may think that's asinine, but we feel it is important. He is right now at the oldest level for his age group (42-47 months). He'll be 4 on June 9, then he'll have to fall into an entirely different age level (48-59 months) with a whole new set of objectives. The main reason we want him to keep going is that he LOVES it. When I ask him where he wants to go, he always says, "to A-Wissa's" (Melissa's). Now we just have to pay the difference of what our insurance doesn't pay. Even Ken was on board with that (shocking, I know), so we will continue to go for a while longer.

Levi had another baseball game last night and did really well. He got a good base hit and stole 2 bases. He and 3 or 4 other kids take turns sitting on the bench, so after the game I asked him if he liked doing that. He replied, "I really do because I get to sit and talk to everyone. I mean there's no T.V. in there or anything, but I like it." So apparently he'd rather sit and socialize than play any position on the field. Wonder where he gets that from?

At the end of the game, the coach hands out awards to the kid who makes the best play or works the hardest, and Levi got one of the awards (a little bag of M&Ms) for "making his play." We're sure it didn't have anything to do with the fact that Ken called the coach the day before to ask him for advice because Levi has been wanting to quit. I'm sure that's purely coincidental :)

We, of course, didn't tell Levi that, and it really did seem to boost his eagerness. I was really proud of the coach because I'm sure he wanted to give the M&M's to one of those kids that can bolt the ball from 3rd to 1st like he's not even trying or on of those kids that can stretch out like Elasti-girl to catch a ball and still stay on base for the out. I hate it when 7-year-olds are better at sports than I am.

1 comment:

The Harris Family said...

Yeah for Benjamin!!! What an accomplishment!