Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Storms

We went to Levi's baseball game tonight, but it only lasted about 5 minutes. It started lightning, and they called the game rather quickly. So, we came home and started watching the weather to see if the storms were coming our way.

Ever since a tornado hit mom and dad's house in January of 1999, I have been terrified of storms. Thank God they all made it to the storm cellar because everything was completely destroyed. We all saw first hand what a tornado can do.

So, I've been busy tonight preparing our safe room with flashlights, candles, snacks, water, etc. I'm ready. All I need is a weather radio. My friend Amanda just came over with her kids because her husband is out of town. We're going to brave it out together.

1 comment:

The Harris Family said...

We're in the clear, I'm glad it didn't get to us this time!