Monday, February 25, 2008

When the Teacher Cries

I'll admit it. I've had better weeks.

Benj attends a Kids Day Out program twice a week. When I picked him up last Friday, I asked his teacher how her day was. She usually doesn't have much to report, so I'm waiting for the standard "good" or "he had a great day." But instead of those positive reinforcements that I can't wait to hear, she just starts crying. Great. I've seen this before, and I know what it means. It can't be good.

I'm the first to admit that my kids aren't the easiest kids in the world to watch. Let's admit it, they are quite loud (which they obviously get from Ken...wink). Just imagine 15 Benjamins in one room. Yikes. It's enough to make me cry just thinking about it.

After begging her not to quit, I quickly gathered his things and made him apologize for whatever he did. And apparently he wasn't even the worst behaved that day. Is it wrong that I somehow find comfort in that?

So we get home, and I check the mail only to see this in my mailbox peering back at me...


Seriously? Now I'm really scared.

2 comments:

The Harris Family said...

Spending an hour in the preschool room makes me glad I have 2 kids and not 15! I don't know how the teachers do it either.

Mindy Davis said...

What did little Benji do? Couldn't have been that bad, he is perfect in every way. Anyway, I love your blog. You are so cool.