Monday, December 22, 2008

I need a Silent Night

Amy Grant stole my idea...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRSSsNbF29I

Anyway, that's exactly how I feel. Good job, Amy.

What a crazy weekend. Benjamin had his Christmas Play with his preschool on Friday night. As always with Mr. Benj, I was worried that he would even wear the clothes and the special hat they had made for everyone. It's the unknown that is hard for him, so we've been talking about it for weeks...about how we were going to get dressed in our special clothes, go on stage with everyone, and sing our songs.

Doesn't he look handsome?


He did super. I was so proud of him. Every time we have a victory like this, I'm reminded of how far we've come in a year and a half of HARD work. He's worth every bit of it, and I'd do it all over again in a heartbeat if I had to.

The Cub Scout party was at our house on Saturday afternoon. We had 32 people in here, so it was a bit crowded, but overall went really well. Levi still loves Cub Scouts.

Yesterday was the Christmas pageant at church. Levi sang a song with his friend Gretchen that seriously made me cry for 45 minutes straight. I don't think I've ever been so proud of him. For two 8-year-olds, those kids can downright SING!


My grandfather, whom we called Daddy Bill, used to lead music at his little Methodist church (the one without the indoor bathroom I've talked about before.) I couldn't help but think how proud he would have been of Levi last night. He loved to sing. He sang, whistled, or hummed all the time, kinda like I do. He died when I was in the 6th grade, but I could feel his presence with me last night. I still miss him.

Tonight is the Tyson Christmas party at my house. Am I the party hosting fool this year or what? Tonight we should have 30+ people, and I must admit even Ken is freaking out a bit. It's so funny watching him make a grocery list and plan for something like this. He's doing a good job.

This afternoon is Benjamin's wellness check-up and to make sure he still needs speech therapy. Well, he obviously does, but we have to go anyway. We've been talking about that for at least two weeks, so I think it will go smoothly.


This is likely my last post before Christmas, so MERRY CHRISTMAS to you!

No comments: